They said (1) Make them abroad.
(2) Make them as cheaply as you can!
They said (3) you need to keep lots of stock because people want next day delivery!
But I've learnt that (1) this leads to less quality control over what I produce and a higher carbon footprint.
(2) I'm an ethical & sustainable brand so it's important that I make garments that are built to last. With a workforce that's treated right with little or no impact on our fragile environment.
(3) I only make what's needed! Waste is a huge problem in the fashion industry. Proudly MTSUK is not a part of that!
I pay ALL my suppliers upfront. That way no-one goes hungry!
- "My job as a business owner and a designer is to to produce products that reduce waste, and there environmental impact.
- I seek to do better by arming myself with knowledge and research. It's about making carefully considered choices so that YOU have the option, to choose planet and people friendly products. I actually put YOU and our beautiful planet at the heart of everything I do."
Being a smaller company I can to react sensitivly to new technologies and updates on processes due to my smaller volumes and made to order policies.
🇬🇧 All production is currently in the UK. This reduces our carbon footprint and emissions.
I have more control of what is produced and I know that my manufactures work to the highest of standards and take great care of their work force.
My garments cost more than of course fast fashion. This is because everyone along my supply chain is paid a fair wage with great working conditions! My conscience won't let me work any other way!
Everything is handmade to order. This reduces waste. It makes YOUR whole experience bespoke and special.
- As More Than Swim grows, I hope to expand my production into printing onto nylon made from pre-and post-consumer fabric waste, or recovered fishing nets and marine pollution. Recyled plastic fabric alone can still be harmful to our planet because they released micro plastics into the environment.
- The problem with recyled plastics are the harmful gases they produce when they break down. I want to be as transparent as I can! If you don't dispose of it properly by putting it back into the fashion chain then you are again creating an environmental problem. Less than 1% of garments are recovered and returned to the textile value chain.
- My aim is to reduce OUR environmental impact! With plans for a circular solution to More Than Swim. You can read more here: https://morethanswim.com/blogs/the-preloved-project/the-preloved-swimsuit-project
- Ideally my focus is on producing a garment that will last you for years to come.
All prints including the MTS swimwear is, produced using eco-friendly inks. These inks are transferred by heat sublimation so there are no nasty chemicals transferred to our water systems. The fashion industry is the 2nd largest polluter of our worlds oceans after the Petroleum industry and I dont want to own a company that contributes to this! I want to be apart of the solution.