How we make sustainably and ethically.
I don’t want to own a company that profits from the destruction of our planet and the mistreatment of others.
As the Founder of More Than Swim my Mission is to research and implement sustainable, ethical and eco-conscious practices.
- I stand for ethical production. Everything I do is proudly produced in the UK to reduce our footfall and our environmental impact.
- I work only with manufactures that pay fair wages.
- I work with small UK businesses to bring you the best!
- Interms of my swimwear production my suppliers openly create great working conditions and facilities for there workers and colleagues including, free tea, coffee, fruit and a gym!
- The fashion industry is the world's 2nd most polluting industry after Petroleum.
- This is why our production is based in the UK so that we can maintain a small carbon footprint, as well as choosing to use eco-friendly and ethical manufacturing practises.
Manufacturing of the swimwear.
- All prints are made with planet friendly inks, with a waterless print process so we don't do more damage to our fragile seas!
- No elastic is used in the swimsuit seams, (there's a clever machine that produces the tension!)
- Waste is minimised by printing your garments to size.
- In the future, as More Than Swim grows as a company, I hope to introduce carefully considered sustainable fabrications in my production.
Eco-friendly packaging and shipping
- All eco-friendly cards and stickers are sourced from small UK companies.
- All swimwear packaging is recyclable and some parts are compostable with everything being sourced from British based companies. This is important to me because I want to help to boost our local economy.
Giving Back - Charitable donations
- A donation is made from each website sale to the UK charity Ocean generation, who endeavour to reduce the use of single use plastics and the damage done to our oceans and environmental wildlife.
- All postage is also offset from each order with a donation to an Amazon Jungle conservation charity.
- Plus when you purchase from More Than Swim UK (on my website) you will have the option at checkout to pay $1 (approx. £0.71p GBP) to plant a tree 🌳.